Pueblo Bank & Trust offers this product to those needing an account to deposit money for future medical expenses. There are certain advantages to using this type of product, including favorable tax treatment. You control funds in this account and you determine how to spend it on your health care needs. Additional information can be obtained from the Treasury's web site.
- Minimum opening deposit $100 required
- No minimum balance required
- Interest earned daily on the collected balance and paid monthly*
- Variable Tiered Rate structure**
- No monthly service charge or maintenance fees
- Free online banking
- Free Visa check card
- Unlimited check writing
- 18 years or older.
- Covered by an HSA-qualified high deductible health plan.
- Not enrolled in Medicare.
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return.
- Have no other first-dollar medical coverage (other types of insurance like specific injury insurance or accident, disability, dental care, vision care, or long-term care insurance is permitted).
- Contributions must be cash (unless it is a rollover contribution).
* Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of noncash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded monthly and will be credited to the account monthly.
** See current Rate Disclosure for tiers.